The LXE VX8 Cold Storage Karv computer is a rugged, wirelessly-enabled Windows XP-based mobile PC with a 10.4″ touch-screen display. The compact VX8 CS computer is ideal for applications where users need high-performance computing in a small package. Available with WWAN, WLAN and Bluetooth radios, the VX8 Cold Storage computer is suitable for a range of vehicle-mounted applications in challenging deployment environments, including those on fork-lift trucks, container handling machinery, forestry and construction equipment, and emergency service vehicles.
- Computer screens fog impacting your operator’s ability to read the screen.
- Touchscreens can malfunction as condensation turns to ice between the screen and front bezel.
- Scanner exit windows fog impacting your barcode laser’s effectiveness.
- Puddles can form inside terminals and scanners causing corrosion and equipment failures.
- With a properly designed freezer rated computer – a cold chain terminal designed from the ground up to work in the cold such as those manufactured by companies such as LXE Inc. You’ll find:
- Heated screens and scanner exit windows that eliminate condensation, fog or ice build-up
- Internal components that are heavy-industrial grade to withstand industrial temperature ranges
- Internal components that are coated with a plastic film that protects the electronics from moisture and corrosion