Introduced by Honeywell in March 2015, the VM3 is a full-size vehicle-mount computer with a 12.1-inch XGA touch display and a number of multi-function keys. Depending on the intended application, the Intel Bay Trail-powered Thor can be operated with either standard or embedded versions of full Windows or with the small footprint Windows Embedded Compact 7. The VM3, the latest in a long sequence of vehicle-mount computer generation, is a close cousin to the company’s Thor VM1 and VM2, but without an integrated keyboard and with a larger display.
Smart Dock – Lets you mount and remove the VM3 in seconds, saving on support and maintenance costs while maximizing efficiency.
- Heated screens and scanner exit windows that eliminate condensation, fog or ice build-up
- Internal components that are heavy-industrial grade to withstand industrial temperature ranges
- Internal components that are coated with a plastic film that protects the electronics from moisture and corrosion
- Special freezer rated plastics that can withstand sub zero temperatures without compromise
- Advanced power management features
- Freezer-rated battery chemistries that resist premature battery depletion
- “High-Vis” screens for better visibility in low light freezers