The Intermec CK71 ultra-rugged mobile computer is 31% smaller and lighter than other form factors in its ultra-rugged class, plus it’s optimized for warehouse and distribution environments for the perfect balance of ruggedness and duty cycle along with next generation features that focus on enabling flexibility and agility, even in the most extreme conditions.
The CK71, like most modern barcode products, is equipped with an imager that will decode almost any symbol out there, whether it is 1D or 2D. What is the difference between these two types of AutoID symbols – here’s the quick answer.
• Holds less than 85 characters (symbology specific character limit).
• A majority of customers are set up to use Linear barcodes (Linear scanner).
• Creates a wide barcode.
inear Code 128 Example with 25 characters:
Two-dimensional (2D) barcodes, such as Data Matrix, PDF417, and QR Code, may have patterns of squares, dots, hexagons and other geometric patterns. While maintaining a fairly small size, these barcode types hold much more data than linear barcodes. 2D barcodes can hold hundreds of characters.
• Can hold hundreds of characters.
• Requires a 2D barcode scanner.
• With the same data, creates a smaller barcode than Linear.
2D Data Matrix Example with 25 characters: